Monday, September 15, 2008

New York, New York

New York, New York







I wanted to post some pictures from our family's recent trip to New York. Earlier this year, I was able to score some tickets to the Mets-Braves series this past weekend (Sept 12-14, 2008). It was a dream come true for me (thanks, Mary!), as I have been a Mets fan since I was 7 or 8 years old, and this was the first time I had a chance to go to New York and visit Shea Stadium. It was also an awesome trip because I got to spend so much time with my family (in addition to Alicia, my mom and dad also went). It was unanimously better than the Green Bay trip we made 2 weeks ago ("have Trunk, will Travel" is our motto. We LOVE to travel!). That was another dream come true--for my Dad. You do know hard it is to score Packers tickets, right?









Anyway, here are the pictures:









This was the main highlight for me (showing metal in the first picture)--getting to see Johan Santana (shown pitching in the second picture), David Wright (pictured in third picture on-deck, #5), and the rest of the Mets woop up on the Braves. Friday night's game was rained out (see the tarp in the first picture?), so we saw a double-header on Saturday (they split, with the Mets bullpen blowing a 2-0 supurb start by Santana to lose 3-2 but then holding on for a 5-0 shutout in the nightcap).









The Manhattan Temple. Beautiful, isn't it? For those of you that don't know, it was built from an existing building, and is on the second floor.










Did you know that wheatgrass is good for animals, too? In fact, cats and dogs LOVE wheatgrass and will chew on it, instintively knowing that it is good for what ails them. Back in the day, before it was scientifically verified, Ann Wigmore originally decided that wheatgrass was going to help her body heal itself from cancer because her cats chose it over any other grass.
I LOVE this picture! Did you know they have farmers' markets in New York? Very good ones at that. We were able to get our wheatgrass shots in every morning!










"Adjusting" ourselves to the New York life...





GREAT Led Zeppelin song, am I right?














I had to take this one for Nick and Jon. I didn't know they owned a steakhouse!













This was actually the night that we got home. We missed Elder Alexander (leaving from our Atlantic Ward on Tuesday to start his mission in Salt Lake City) giving his "farewell" talk on Sunday with the missionaries, but we were able to make it to his open house that night. He is going to be a great misionero!





Also, check out my most recent two videos:

Manhattan Temple

Elder Alexander's Open House

http://www.youtube.com/user/trunkybeat

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christian and Jennifer said...

It looks like you had an incredibly fun time in New York! It was great to see pics of you guys. You look wonderful and we miss you!

Monday, September 22, 2008 at 7:49:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home