Saturday, January 31, 2009

An Open Letter to Elder Alexander

I was just cleaning out my inbox, and I sent an email to Elder Jarod Alexander, from our ward. He is in the Salt Lake City, Utah mission, so he is enjoying the cold there now. He has matured a lot there, even from just the few months that he has been out there, from what I can tell from his emails.

Anyway, most of the thoughts from the email seemed like a journal entry (albeit short) for my life, so I wanted to go ahead and post it here for posterity:

Hey dude; we are glad to hear that everything is going good. It has been pretty cold here as of late (30's-50's), but we have also had some warm days sprinkled in. You are lucky to see so much snow. Alicia wants to see it so bad!

The work here is going pretty good. The missionaries just moved, along with the Elders from the Arlington ward, to some pretty pimp digs on Ft. Caroline Rd. The Stake President has asked us all to fast as a stake this weekend for the work to progress, and also so that each of us will have a teaching opportunity. Alicia, Angelina, and I really love missionary work, so of course that is one of the things for which we are fasting.

I get to teach the Presidency Message in Elder's Quorum tomorrow. I get to pick the topic, and Home Teaching has been on my mind a lot lately, so I think I am going to go with that. Plus, I have always been considered a home teaching guru in our ward, so I think people look up to me for that. I will pretty much prepare the lesson tonight from scratch, although I will be able to simply use a lot of the thoughts I've been having as a base. Any ideas on how to get the home teaching numbers up in our ward?

Hope everything goes well, and we can't wait to see you again and jam!

DT

iLa Vida es Buena! (Life is Good!)
Darius S. Trunk

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

i miss jared so much. hes such a great dude

Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 12:50:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home