Thursday, September 25, 2008

You might be a raw foodist when...



Our old friend Steve Pavlina is at it again! Well, maybe not, but he has posted an hilarious, jeff foxworthy-type list on his blog. I've told many of you about Steve's 30-day raw foods trial that he finished earlier this year. Well, he has gone back to this lifestyle, and I believe he is 100% raw again. Every once in a while, he'll post something else about it, and here is the newest offering:




Check it out and tell me (and him, if you want...) what you think.


Oh, and don't worry if you don't know what a breatharian is. I had to look it up too.


Steve is a very good internet writer, and a lot of his other blog entries, including that ones that DON'T deal with raw foods, are VERY fascinating and inspiring. If you are new to the Steve Pavlina raw foods saga, and are interested in another perspective on this lifestyle, start with this link:




Check out day 5, in which he has a section on the costs of a raw food diet. Expensive, right? Uh, no. According to Steve, his average raw-foods day cost about about between $12-$15. It CAN be expensive, but it just depends on how much you believe this will help your health and/or save your life. He says if you are budget-conscious, you can get by on $5 a day, or less. Is that cheaper than what you are eating now? That $15 figure jives with what Alicia and I are doing now, and it will be even less as we get our garden going. But I think that is cheaper than what we were eating before, given that we would each go out for lunch a couple of times a month while at work, and that costs what, $6 or $7 per meal, minimum? You know it is more if one goes to a Chili's-style place.


What I love about that first link (and the blog-post about each of the 30 days on the trial diet) is that he posts pictures of every single meal that he had during the 30 days--breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus any snacks. He also posts some recipes for meals that aren't as simple as just fruits and vegetables on a plate.


Here are some more updates from Steve, following his 30-day trial:



I realize that you might not read all this in one sitting (I still haven't finished reading each of the 30-day entries). But I wanted to document these entries, because it seems like every time I want to read them or tell a friend about them, I had to search for it. Now it is all in one easy-to-find blog entry.


One more! Click here if you want to download an hour-long raw-food coaching session in which Steve participated:


Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm just glad you're not a breatharian!!!

I know this sounds like an excuse (which it partly is...) but my grocery bill is like $200 a month! I don't know how I would ever afford to eat like that! Kudos to you, though - FWIW...I'm a total believer, just not a follower...

Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 8:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger desacad said...

Thanks for the reminders about Steve. I don't visit his blog on a daily basis. You inspired a blog entry as I realized I was writing too much for this to be considered a comment. Please visit me at www.desacad.blogspot.com

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 12:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I was a vegetarian for many years. I always envied the raw vegans. Shopping organic IS very expensive.

Monday, November 10, 2008 at 5:17:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home