Friday, December 12, 2008

Present Momennt: A quasi-review

This post was mainly inspired by a friend, who wanted to know more about the Present Moment Cafe, which is my FAVORITE Raw Restaurant! It is located on King Street in St. Augustine (see map).

Is it my favorite because of its close proximity? Or is it because it really is the best? I haven't decided yet! Anyway, I also "borrowed" some photos from their web site. I don't think they'll mind, since I am promoting their restaurant!


View Larger Map

Here are some of the foods that they serve:
Start off with a salad, or one is usually included with each entree, even for lunch! They have raw dressings, from a light citrus marinade to a creamy house dressing to whatever other creation they decide to create.



This is their sushi. I have only tried theirs once--not because it isn't good, but because we make it at home all the time.



Here are some of their entrees. The first is a mock meatloaf. They also have sunlight burgers, mock tuna salad, tacos of life (one of my favorites), lasagna, and more!



The last time I went, I had a Viva Burrito, which looks very similar to this enchilada. I love how they stuff 'em with sprouts!



And of course, you cannot forget about dessert! The apple cobbler is a must-have, not only because it is good, but also because it comes with vanilla ice cream (made from almond nut-milk). They will periodically have a special ice cream of the day, like lemon, strawberry, banana, chocolate, and pistachio. Shown here is the banana split, which used to be a special, but is now a regular on the menu! It is awesome.

So do yourself a favor and take a trip to the Present Moment. You will not regret it, and it may give you some ideas of the types of gourmet raw food that you like to eat. My sister-in-law, who is a "meat-and-potatoes" kind of girl, is addicted to that apple cobbler, and also usually orders a strawberry or chocolate milk shake before her meal when we take her.

Present Moment also has a deli that you can go to for fresh take-out, desserts, and a FEW produce items. It is worth checking out when you eat at the restaurant (it is right next-door).

I also wanted to post the map to Shakti Life Kitchen (click here for their web site with photos, a menu, and more), which is a raw restaurant that opened up in Jacksonville Beach recently (corner of Atlantic Blvd. and Pine Rd). It too is GREAT, and they teach about "proper food combining" (more on that in a later post, or just ask me). They also have desserts that you can take to-go, like the Present Moment Market. I will post a review of this restaurant later, but here is the map:


View Larger Map

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home