Monday, September 29, 2008

Famous Vegans

In his latest Dilbert Blog entry, Scott Adams posted some "Famous People Lists" of which he discovered he was a member. One of those lists was of famous vegetarians (including vegans). No word on how many of them are raw vegans, but I was happy to see some my childhood (and current) hero Kirk Hammett (guitarist/songwriter for Metallica) on there, as well as fellow musicians Jeff Beck, Tom Morello, Eddie Vedder, Weird Al Yankovic, and Serj Tankian (System of a Down).

Also included were sports stars Tony Gonzalez, Pat Neshek, Marv Levy (former Head Coach of my Bills!), Tony La Russa, and actress (and Dodgers fan) Alyssa Milano. Another actress thrown in there was a crush of mine while I was a teenager--Gillian Anderson (Scully from the X-files). I can't remember if I knew prior to reading this that Sarah Conner and Pam Anderson are vegetarians. Also: Pauly Shore (another favorite from my childhood!), Sinead O' Conner, and Jamie Lee Curtis. Some of los famosos I already knew about, like Woody Harrelson, Scott Adams himself, Prince Fielder (but isn't he a vegan?), and Apu and Lisa Simpson (from the Simpsons). But where is Carol Alt? And Jon Gries (Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite)? Guess not.

Did I miss anyone?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home